Old 04-10-07, 06:26 PM
bigbossman 
Dolce far niente

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bikingshearer
...I'm up for doing some rides with interested folk. I've recently done a few with bigbossman - good guy.
Hey - I thought I told you to keep that to yourself.......

Well, now that I've been "outed" - John here, resident of San Ramon since 1987. Re-entered "serious" cycling about 2-1/2 years ago to work off the residue of my dot-com era expense account.

I'm 51 years old, with a beautiful wife and 11 year old daughter that both ride. The little one just completed her first metric century, The Cinderella, this month.

I have a 4 mile round trip commute, and try to get in 12-18 miles during lunch when the schedule and weather permits. I like riding centuries, and have racked up about 18 or so in the last 2 years.

I seem to have a knack for accumulating bikes. My main ride is a 2005 Giant OCR Limited, but I just finished building a vintage Italian frame with 10 speed Campy and have a NOS 2002 Pinarello frameset on the stand waiting to be built up. In addition, I have a nice 1985 Eddy Merckx Professional and a "like new" 1974 Swiss Mondia Super that I fully restored about a year or so ago. I've got a bunch more laying about, but they are more or less transient and eventually get moved along to feed my addiction.

San Ramon and the surrounding environs is my 'hood, so if you're out and about here and you're looking for a riding partner that will make you look like Lance, I'm your man. Feel free to PM anytime and we'll get something together - maybe even invite Bikingshearer and make him spring for lunch.....

S. J. Perelman

Last edited by bigbossman; 04-10-07 at 06:31 PM.