View Single Post
Old 05-15-08, 05:55 AM
gresam
Superdrome

Bikes: 2008 Ridley Damocles, 2000 Pinarello Galileo, 2007 Brass Knuckle, 87 Fuso Fixie & 90s Powerlite BMX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I guess my thought was that the aluminum bikes would reduce weight and make bombing around mountain bike trails much easier. I wasn't sure if the chromoly frame would just feel like a tank trying to ride around. I know the Alu bikes are entry level race, are they just not strong enough for that type of abuse? I'm just ignorant about these things...

Also, the LBS guy was really talking up (hard selling) the DK Charger because it had a sealed BB and sealed wheel bearings. Is this really a concern I need to have, or should I just save the $$ and get a chromoly and upgrade if and when it is a problem?

I do like the General Lee. What other chromoly bikes are suggested? My BMX lbs also carries GT, FIT, Free Agent, Eastern, Redline and some others but only had one cruiser (a Proline) on the floor. I've been searching more online now, finding some interesting stuff from most of the companies mentioned...

Last edited by gresam; 05-15-08 at 06:12 AM.