Old 08-24-21, 02:49 PM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 186 Times in 122 Posts
I get at least 5500-6000 miles on a set of GP5000 25mm. I ride about 95-100 rear and 80-85 front. I weigh 169 and try to ride on decent roads. I run them about 2000 miles and then as long as the back tire looks fine no cuts or unusual wear I put the front on the back and back on the front. Then I pretty much run them till they are done which is close to the wear indicators. I rarely flat with them and they are the best by far. I cannot believe the mileage I get from them. I run tubes for sure not tubeless for me. I have gone through at least 2 sets of GP4000 and GP5000s with no flats at all. The last flat I had was end of May I could not avoid a huge, huge pothole and dropped in and pinch-flat tor the front tire. That was just a freak thing I could not move over truck coming up behind. I use to use the 23's but the last 2 sets I went 25 and actually these are right at 25 and work well. I really don't mind the 23 for that matter they work. I do try and stay away from roads that were just chipped and sealed. The surface you ride on has much to do with wear. I have a 5 mile continuous loop I ride sometimes in a subdivision outside of town. The road is smooth and allows continuous riding no stops on good pavement. I do it as a crit like work out sometimes riding 50-55 miles.