View Single Post
Old 10-20-22, 07:01 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 2,296 Times in 1,283 Posts

This is before at the shop after a lunch ride out to the harbor. I will post after photo when I’m done. I never put hoods on these levers as I knew replacements were coming. The Cane Creek hoods fit the Mafac levers so that will be another improvement.
^^^ My favorite hubs! Campy Record HF with flat skewers , luv em. I have my 1972 Mondia at home now and on the stand. I finally got some nice Mafac levers to replace the Wiienmans that were on there . I had not replaced the levers or bar tape since my crash in 2017. The right lever had gnarly rash and worked ok but not perfect, the wheels had been replaced by the previous owner using 27” x 1 1/4” rims with the original Campy Record HF hubs and steel spokes that were discolored (can’t clean them). I am replacing the wheels with Super Champion Gentleman 81 700c rims laced to Superbe High Flange hubs ( Campy copies) with straight gage SS spokes. I bought 700 x 25 gum wall tires for it. At a later date I will put the original hubs back on the wheel set but I hate lacing wheels so I will probably have the shop do it. It will be nice to try this bike out with a much lighter wheel/tire combo and nice brake levers. The bike already looks better without the super wide black wall tires and large wheels , the handle bars are looking better with one side done with new tape , red on top and black in the drops and the nice lever and hood.

Last edited by Kabuki12; 10-20-22 at 07:13 AM.
Likes For Kabuki12: