View Single Post
Old 04-09-20, 04:09 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Gconan
I had fantasized about this very thing. I did not even know you could get all three (rain, wind and breathable) in the same package. Last summer I went for a long ride when it was 85-90 degrees when a brutal thunderstorm appeared. I found myself shivering in the woods for protection. I could have really used this then. Last winter I had thought I dressed appropriately but the wind picked up and was brutal. This awesome jacket will occupy my front or saddle bag forever. Thank you again for the recommendation! And thank you Oslo Polar for the Amazon link!
I will lay odds you are going to love it. It will keep the elements off of you and keep you comfortable by breathing exceptionally well. You still have to layer under it for warmth but it will keep out the wind, wind chill and rain. Like I said, it is a little hot for high activity in the summer but if you are caught in a rain storm or thunder storm in the summer it is wearable. But it really functions in harsh winter conditions.

I went to Amazon to see what the heck North Sea Blue looked like and the funniest thing, in the same color, the medium and the large were $300. The XL that you bought was $87. Go figure. Not too long ago this jacket was sold at Helly Hansen for $400. Think you might have gotten a good deal? I brought the jacket up, but Oso Polar made the deal practical.

I

Last edited by mjac; 04-10-20 at 08:13 AM.
Likes For mjac: