View Single Post
Old 04-10-20, 09:56 AM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by BCDrums
I wonder who paid the "lab" for these positive test results. Could it be...Helly Hanson? What could they possibly have to gain?

I am talking experience. A waterproof garment is windproof and does not breath. A breathable garment is not waterproof. A breathable garment trades off between breathability and windproofness. This is common sense.
If you can refute Helly Hansen's numbers in their ratings,refute them. Do the research and show the discrepancies. Show any evidence whatsoever of Helly Hansen inflating their fabric ratings at any time. I am sure if this was occurring you should be able to find something in the 123 years Helly Hansen has been in existence. They caught Volkswagon inflating EPA numbers, catch Helly Hansen. If you can't, then you have to leave Helly Hansen alone. You and the others do not want to admit it because not a positive word comes out of your mouths, but Helly Hansen is a reputable company.

You are misinformed and uneducated. It is widely accepted throughout the textile, outdoors and testing protocol industries that a 15,000mm waterproof rating in the column test is virtually waterproof in naturally occurring environments. The Vanir Slidr Jacket is rated at 20,000mm waterproofing in the column test. Now is that technically as waterproof as a 3/4" plate of glass? No of course not. But for all practical purposes it is waterproof under any conditions a human being will encounter in the natural environment. Which is all that matters. So they achieve this level of acceptable waterproof while still maintaining the highest level of water vapor permeability that they can. Which in the case of the Vanir Slidr is 15,000 grams/meter squared which is an exceptionally high number for a jacket with this level of waterproof and windproof rating. Add to this you can get this jacket on an end of season sale on Amazon for $60 - $87 in certain sizes and colors.

Last edited by mjac; 04-10-20 at 12:18 PM.
Likes For mjac: