Old 07-20-21, 07:21 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1236:

Nice morning. 63 degrees and hardly any wind. Going to get in the 90s today, so my ride across town and then home after work will probably be sweaty ones.

For about a half mile I could hear a train horn in the distance. From the sound I guesstimated I would be reaching the spot where it crosses the MUP about the same time as it would. Turns out I was right, but the train beat me by about 50 yards so I had to stop and wait.

Normally on Tuesdays I ride to our company office for the morning, then ride to a client location for the afternoon. I have a meeting at the office this afternoon, so I'm switching it up today and working at the client in the morning and riding to our office for the afternoon. What can I say, I'm a wild man!

Last night after work we had the first city bicycle committee meeting (advisory board to the city council) that I've attended in person in over a year. Since the beginning of the pandemic the monthly meetings have been virtual, which I really, really dislike, and as a result my attendance has been spotty. I don't like meetings to begin with, but virtual ones are even more painful. Anyway, they're back to having them in person so I went. As a bonus, they ordered pizza and there was a lot more pizza than people, so I wound up eating too much.