View Single Post
Old 08-15-21, 08:28 PM
cometed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, yes I live in Toronto and am 6'3 so the frame is in the general size range I'd ride. Thanks for the tip about looking outside of the GTA, perhaps I will wait until winter when prices have dropped.

Originally Posted by WGB
I think it was a Canadian "made for Canada model" so might not be that well known to the USA folks. It's listed for $240. Again, not sure your size but assume in or around Toronto?? A seller appears to be a flipper so may not know or care how many speeds it is. Most likely, seller has done nothing more than buy it, wipe it off and list it, and so can't answer helpful questions about maintenance history.

There is a more modern Raleigh GP in Oakville at $300 that's been listed on Kijijji for over a month. There is a Raleigh Super GP (with Barcons) in Staynor, near Barrie for $250, listed 6 days ago by a seller with only that listed. That Super GP is British so take non-standard (British parts).

You could check Barrie, Hamilton, Oakville and Oshawa listings as outside of TO is usually cheaper

Remember, John Snow that "Winter is coming". There is a usually a jsmall ump in bike sales and prices in the fall because of students seeking a bike for school. Over winter but generally now is when we start to see prices lower a bit in the GTA. $240 isn't that bad for the GTA but perhaps a few minutes calling the co-ops from Oshawa (Not sure they have one??) all the way west to Hamilton and ask what they have. You might get a deal and it will have been tuned up and off rush hour time you can bring a bike on the Go train back to TO or ride it home....