Old 01-19-22, 06:37 AM
noimagination

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 248 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Your car keys? Your wallet?

There's a small chance that somebody wasn't aware these too wide grate gaps were a thing to watch out for--I haven't seen one of these in decades, actually. I don't know why you think your comment that the warning is not useful is useful, for that matter. In any event, what's the harm in posting it? And I thought the municipal liability or lack thereof aspect of it was interesting.
(shrug) I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see the point in creating a post that warns of a hazard that anyone who has ridden a bike more than a couple of blocks already knows. Hell, I avoid sewer grates when I'm driving a car, if possible, much less when riding a bike. There's no harm in the post, I just see it as useless other than its entertainment value. I rolled my eyes at the thread title several times before posting (for fun, not profit), and I agree my post is of limited utility, it was a comment and did not contribute to the thread. But, since IMO the post is fluff anyway ...

From the volume of responses, there are those who don't agree. I'm OK with that.
Likes For noimagination: