Old 08-27-20, 12:34 PM
Bob S

Bikes: Specialized Creo Comp Carbon DeSalvo Custom Ti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
Talking Road bike rider considering e-bike, what's your experience

I am in my mid 70s riding 2 times a week for 60 – 80 miles a with some hills including 1k or more of climbing. Slowing down and thinking it might be fun and extend my riding if I add an e-bike. Have you done this? What is your experience and recommendations?

After reading of other's experiences and thoughts I did my research and took a long test ride I was sold on the Creo. I made the decision to try to reduce the wear and tear on my knee that has been bothering me for over a year especially when riding. Using the Econ or lowest assist mode I can ride with out pain while still getting a great workout and achieving the same max and average heart rates. My average speed is 1 - 2 mph higher and I am riding further and for a longer time. I hope to continue riding my old bike some of the time but the Creo is addictive.

The Creo weights just under 30 pounds which is a major plus when many others weigh 20 or more pounds more.

Last edited by Bob S; 10-13-20 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Purchased a Specialized Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon