Old 08-29-20, 08:33 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
You're talking apples to oranges, though. The Creo runs between $9k and 14k depending on the model. My BF (custom made) along with the 20 second removable e-bike system cost me around $3k. And it weighs 23.5lbs inclusive of motor and battery. But if you go back and read my first post, I did say a kit was a great alternative unless you wanted to spend the big bucks. The Creo is big bucks, at least to me. It's a wonderful bike but out of the price range for many mortals. I think a retrofit is a better choice than a less-than-pricey e-bike. The high end models make sure the bike is a great bike and then add the motor system. But the less expensive e-bikes put most of the $ into the e-system and the bike is not all that great.
The Creo is 5K on up and the 14k Founders Edition is long sold out but is a very different very bling bike. The Vado SL is $3350 and is a flat bar version. None of them are friction based so no rubbing on tires and also they come with a decent warranty beyond 6 months.

Also the One Motor is $1449 which seems a bit high for what it is. I could go to Luna Cycle and get their geared "fixed stealth ebike" which is a clean looking e-bike for just a little more. I am not arguing that it is a great bike but for what it is, it is I think a better alternative to a clunky bolt on system. I could also do a clunky bolt on system from them for less with a larger battery and color display and all sorts of upgrades. Granted again not saying that is a good idea just saying I don't know that the OneMotor is a good deal. The quick removability is cool but I could do the Fazua system and also be nice and clean with no clunky box.

However yes currently Bike Friday doesn't offer more than kit systems.