View Single Post
Old 10-28-22, 02:32 PM
d-klumpp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks, Iride01! I will look into that.

Call me a luddite, but my strong preference is to have a head unit that shows me total mileage accrued on the bike at the moment. For example, when reaching a particular milestone of 5,000 or 10,000, I immediately stop the bike to snap a selfie that includes the bike and scenery and snap a pic of the odometer at say, 40,000.0 mi. So although I could approximate this tradition with an app on my phone, it would seem to lack the drama that I strangely appreciate as I watch the odometer click from XXX99.7, XXX99.8, XXX99.9...

Take care,

Dave

Originally Posted by Iride01
On your Garmin Edge 830, I don't know if there is any way to modify the figure it shows as a total. However if you create a specific profile for each bike you use then you can see a separate total for each profile. You'll just have to do some math to come up with the actual total for your equipment used prior to establishing the profiles. Use to be able to modify the Garmin device odometer with the old Garmin Training Center software. But that went out of Garmin support about a decade ago. Though I do know it still worked with Win10. But I finally quit using it with Win11. Don't know if a Garmin 830 will be seen by it. But I do think I remember using GTC with a Garmin 820 my son had.

You might have an easier time keeping track of such things with the bike and equipment trackers that RideWithGPS, Strava and others have built into their websites that let you view your ride data from your Garmin, Wahoo or whatever you choose. You can modify the starting mileage with them.