Old 04-24-18, 06:46 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4508 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
So when did you grow up here? I grew up here too and in my view, we have been a mecca/epicenter since at least the early 70's for me and I know bike business was strong well before that. Gov. Tom McCall was given a Paramount in the 60's I believe for some big bike-centric project or program.

We have a rich racing history as well, Alpenrose Veoldrome built for 1964 Olymipic trials and much more.

Also as I said earlier in this thread, Merz, Newlands and DiNucci set the frame building bar pretty high fairly early on as well.

Originally Posted by ryansu
@gugie thanks for sharing the cool photos. I grew up in PDX (long before it was a bike mecca) and visit my friends in the Hollywood district often so I go to Velocult every chance I get, if I lived in Portland I don't know if I would ever leave that place all the stuff you mentioned and live music.

From a visit last month
Velocult by Ryan Surface, on Flickr

Last edited by merziac; 04-24-18 at 07:00 PM.