Old 08-21-22, 12:52 AM
BoozyMcliverRot

Bikes: 1991 Diamondback Master TG 1990 Trek 850 Antelope

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 106 Posts
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
So, after nearly 6 years, I've finally built a new bike. This time it's an All City Bike Block, something I've had on the drawing board for over a decade. The frameset was purchased on eBay for $549, which is $200 less than the current MSRP. I installed a Cane Creek S3 headset that I had in my parts bin. I wanted this to be an all-road type bike that could even do some single-track on occasion. So, I spec'd Panaracer GravelKing SS+ tires, 32mm in the front and 35mm in the rear. Unfortunately, although the 32mm fits fine in the front, the 35mm will not fit in the rear, rubbing on the seatstays even with the wheel axle moved to the very end of the dropout. So, in order to get the bike on the road, I've temporarily installed a 32mm Panaracer Pasela ProTite in the rear until I can source a 32mm GravelKing. The wheelset was built at Retrogression with H+Son Archetype rims and Grand Compe LF hubs that weighs only 1650g. The cranks are Andel Deluxe with no logos. Bar and stem are Nitto, seatpost is Alpina, saddle is Charge Spoon, cog is Soma, chain is KMC K1SL, pedals are Shimano PD-M520, brake caliper is Dia-Compe BRS-101, brake lever is Dia-Compe Tech 99 and grips are ESI Extra Chunky. Some of these components were sourced from my parts bin. Total cost is just under $1800. Total weight is just over 20 lbs.

All City Big Block in Midnight/Frost/Violet

All City Big Block cockpit

All City Big Block rear view
Absolutely love this. Good job🔥