Old 09-05-22, 08:34 AM
ericlowney 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 22 Posts
Measurements with pictures

Originally Posted by 63rickert
You broke the Trek calculator. Humans do not have more than 50% of body height in inseam. Those who get close to 50% are long-legged women. So there is measuring problem here.

Assuming the measured height of 5'10" is correct that 24.5" Dawes (it is 24.5, sure of that from the photo) has way too much post up. Vintage seat posts were short. Campag 1044 posts were only 180mm.(straight part of post) and 70mm went in the frame for safety. A 23.5" Dawes would be large for a 5'10" rider, the 22.5" would likely work. When the Dawes was new 200mm posts did exist but we all saw them as very long.
I should have supplied pictures earlier, but here are some showing how I took my PBH measurement (it's 0.5" taller because I'm wearing my cycling shoes in this picture). I also measured my wingspan, it is 76". Here are some pictures of me on the bike clipped in (pedals are the Shimano M324 so SPD clips on one side and flat on the other). I'm going to be actively looking for a frame once the wheelset is complete, but at this point have no real idea what geometry would be best for me. I'm going to research that more.