rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2582 Post(s)
Liked 5,639 Times in 2,921 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
sorry to hear about you and your wife's COVID infection. Hope you have no lingering issues after the main infection recedes.
Can I ask how your wife was able to get Paxlovid before your trip? I assume she wasn't 'positive' before the trip?
I'm heading to Europe in Begin of Oct, for the month. Gonna take as many precautions as possible, especially during the travel phase. An wondering about 'treatment', like Paxlovid, should I have my usual turn of luck...
Thanks for any info
Yuri
My wife was not positive before the trip. She has severe RA which is being managed by a couple of drugs but puts her more at risk than the general already vaccinated public. Her Rheumatologist bent the rules a bit because we would be abroad and ordered it ‘just in case’ which turned out to be the case. I fortunately don’t have any pre-existing conditions but approached my PCP nonetheless. He turned me down flat. Wear N95s at the airport, on your flights and whenever in close proximity to others. Outdoors should be fine and restaurants with good spacing between tables should be alright. Our mistake was letting our guard down because infection rates are exceptionally low in Norway, 2 per 100,000/day and no one wore masks. We got it on a puddle jump flight when in Norway with a coughing kid behind us. We caught it before we could put on our masks. We did take cold medication with us just in case which came in handy, but did have to go to the local pharmacies when they ran out.

Have a good trip. Masking inconvenience is well worth the effort. We still regret not being more diligent.
Have a safe trip.

Likes For rsbob: