View Single Post
Old 09-17-22, 07:18 AM
andrewclaus

Bikes: 2016 Fuji Tread, 1983 Trek 520

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 430 Posts
I'm nervously waiting for that year when things just start to decline. I feared my COVID infection would be the start of that, but it looks like I might have gotten over that hump.

I had a mild case back in April, just before I turned 65. Within a week after a negative self-test I was back on the bike, even climbing a little, but the climbing wasn't fun. It took a couple of months to recover to the point where climbing was fun again. I thought it was interesting that I felt normal in everything else I do, including hiking in hills and working on trail and theater set crews. I guess climbing on the bike is the most strenuous activity I do now.

With the reduction of COVID-related closures, life got closer to normal and I didn't cycle as much this summer. I just realized the summer is winding down and if I want to cycle in the high country here in Colorado I'd better get going at it. I made my first attempt of the season at climbing above treeline last week, and it went very well. I'm hoping to get in a few more trips and see if I can get back into the excellent condition I achieved last year.