Old 09-27-22, 12:54 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6178 Post(s)
Liked 4,795 Times in 3,307 Posts
Caad 9 is a pretty aggressive bike geometry. More so than even my 2020 Tarmac. Though you've added a lot of spacers, your position is still probably more aggressive than what something like a Specialized Roubaix, Trek Domane or Cannondale Synapse will give you. Potentially a bike with geometry to give you a more upright position might help with your issue.

But assuming you were once comfortable on that bike and rode it with no hand issues, it might be something that I'm finding out about. Loss of muscle mass as I get older. Since I'm pretty much retired, I find that I'm losing muscle tone that I once had and I am experiencing minor issues on the bike that I didn't experience before. Hands getting slightly numb after longer ride periods being one of them.

Toward that extent, I have found that using those spring contraptions to build up my grip strength do seem to alleviate the issue. But it takes a while to show results... 3 or more weeks . And I find it difficult to maintain the habit of even using them. But still it seems to help.

Last edited by Iride01; 09-27-22 at 12:59 PM.
Likes For Iride01: