View Single Post
Old 07-13-22, 05:27 PM
Sardines

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 48 Posts
Well not necessarily. Getting a 2x11 or 12, with a 10-42, and a 46/36 Ultegra crank, or a Pinion P1.18 will give the range of gears to do all that. You just need the proper tires and wheels to do whichever you feel like. I do that with my Ti with the Pinion P1.18, which gives me over 600% range. So I just go 32t at the crank and 24t cog at the hub, and the wide range gives me road bike top speed and the climbing gears of a touring bike, and everything else in between. In short, put the right wheels and tires on, it can do many things, comfortably and on a flat bar too! I won't hit the same speeds as my carbon road bike, but the fitness aspect is about resistance so getting the heart rate up is the point. haha
Originally Posted by Helderberg
I believe I am trying to do the impossible in that I want a bike that I can go out and thrash myself on a hard ride or just jump on for a leisurely ride around the village. My area is nothing but hills, with some long and substantial, so no matter what kind of ride I want, unless I put the bike in the car and drive somewhere else, it's going to be a hill workout. I think what I am trying to build/have is only possible with two different bikes. I could certainly live with that but right now I am trying to just get one that fits my changing anatomy.
Thanks, Frank.
Likes For Sardines: