View Single Post
Old 08-22-20, 08:29 AM
Schlafen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 63 Posts
Update.

Removed cranks and bb and after wiping off the old grease, to my amazement it's impeccable inside.
Only removed the cup with the lockring, as I don't have the right wrench to remove the drive side cup and didn't want to damage it. I've managed just fine without removing it.
Regreased and refitted the bb and cranks. These cranks would look brand new if even lightly polished.
Replaced the damaged spokes as well. 9 spokes in total.
Still waiting for the cable housings to arrive, also have some NOS Bennotto white textured Cell-o tape on it's way to me.
Horrible tape that is, but, tried to fit regular tape and it looks out of place, looks very bulky.

I'm not happy with how the hubs look, but not sure right now if I want to undertake such an endeavour, to strip the wheels and polish them as it is a big job. These vintage wheels have too many spokes 😁

Still debating if I should keep it or sell it. It's in too good of shape to keep. I know if I keep it, I will end up messing with it (that's why I bought it in the first place ) and it would be a shame to dismantle such a pristine example. It's a 54cm and seems to be extremely rare in this size. They only made this bike in 3 sizes 54/57/60cm.
But if I sell it I'll have to look for another one. Hmm decisions decisions...
I'll have to wait until it's done, get a valuation and decide then.