View Single Post
Old 05-07-16, 09:15 PM
chrisx

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
The name is crazy guy,guess he knows himself.
In all my years of posting I have been deleted off just one site, crazyguy.
Also the only site that ever asked me for money. hmmm
Do not take a chance on posting stories and helping cyclist with there questions. All that typing just to get deleted. A couple of the most interesting journals got unpublished to. It is pay to use. If you do not donate you do not journal on crazy guy. Calling a payment a donation is for tax reasons.

Originally Posted by pdlamb
Turns out you can't count on contributing to keep you from being kicked off that site. While I still cared about it, at least three contributors (people who had sent in money!) were either asked to leave, or hounded until they left because they disagreed with the site's owner.

Whether you call it a community service to bicycle tourists or a vanity site, cgoab is a one-man show. The proprietor does not like people disagreeing with him. Do that, and you risk triggering an emotional response that's expected from a four year old, but not from someone more than 40 years old. One sign of maturity is that, as people get older, they can take a deep breath and decide how to respond to something they don't like. Cg's owner apparently thinks that deep breath is a mark of insincerity, rather than maturity.

It's a shame that cg has been developed to have the best platform for posting a ride journal, but the forum seems to be run for stroking the admin's ego instead of promoting vigorous discussions. I'm glad there are cycling forums that are run like professional sites, even if they also include ads.