View Single Post
Old 08-06-23, 10:04 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
I didn't know about the peeling problem and I've not had that issue with my 10 speed chains. What I'm looking for is better materials, longer wearing materials, and frankly a wider pin and roller assembly to spread wear over a greater surface area. 7 speed chain is wider that 10 speed chain and this width is in pin and roller length, both of which are the wear areas of a chain. I was glad to see the recommendations for tougher chain and will seek it out for my 10 speeds. No chains last forever but my e-bike 7 speed chain has been bulletproof with little signs of wear over 3000+ miles. I ride in Pedal Assist mode 1 and pedal all the time. I try to maintain a 12 to 15mph speed. Pedal Assist mode 1 on my RAD is 50 watts of power so you have to add some watts of your own to maintain higher speeds.