Old 05-07-15, 05:28 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 2,531 Times in 1,059 Posts
Originally Posted by Italuminium
And this kids is why the legal business makes the most out of the startup cult.
Actually, if the Spinlister folks have any sense, it is the insurance company(ies) who make out better than the lawyers. They get paid regardless of whether anything bad happens or not.

I would hope that part of Spinlister's cut goes toward insurance premiums that list the actual bike provider as an additional insured and has hefty per person and per incident coverage limits, like $1,000,000/$2,000,000. Otherwise, I would strongly advise folks not to get involved with it, as great an idea as it is. If somebody crashes while riding your bike and gets badly hurt or worse, you will be sued. Maybe by them, maybe by their next of kin, maybe by their medical insurer (believe me, medical insurers will want to be reimbursed for what they paid out). You do not want to have to fork up for the lawyer, especially since defense lawyers have to be paid hourly; they do not work on contingency.