View Single Post
Old 11-01-22, 09:58 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 3,999 Times in 2,668 Posts
It is not something shops I have worked at have done, certainly we have made errors and installed the wrong thing on someone else's bike due to looking the same or being mislabeled in the chain of events but we always make it right. We are humans and we do sometimes make mistakes but we don't intend to steal a customers parts we do sometimes toss worn out parts or forget to re-install a light or a seat bag or something like that, that the customer didn't take with them. However again we try and find it and get it back to them when they ask if we hadn't noticed after the bike was picked up.

I am sure there is unscrupulous person out there who might try something like that but has nothing to do with bike shops but just some humans as it could happen anywhere for any number of reasons. I would wonder where they got the extra time to be swapping parts and doing bleeds like that when it wasn't on the ticket? I wish I had that kind of life where I had loads of extra time in the day for silliness and could still get my job done without extra stress.

I am curious to hear what the shop has to say on it if what happened happened and hope they made it right again. Because you swapped caliper and lever I would wonder a bit.