Old 03-27-09, 12:05 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by probe1957
I just wanted to take a minute and say thanks for the great thread. At 52, the wife and I decided to give bicycling a try. Neither of us had been on a bike in probably 30 years.

Thanks to this very thread, we decided not to buy WallyWorld specials, and concluded that we would buy our bikes from a local bike shop. We didn't want to spend a ton of money on bikes, not even knowing if we would "get into" it, so we narrowed our choices down to a couple of Treks that the LBS carried, the 7.1 fx and the 7100. Ultimately, both of us decided we felt more comfortable on the 7100 and we bought them last weekend.

I have spent a lot of time over the past couple of weeks browsing this forum. Thank you all for leading us in the right direction.
You can thank Catweazle, who pulled together a rather disparate "newbies" thread that we previously had posted, and made some sense out of it.

However, Catweazle has left us for some time now. I do believe he had a major illness with his son - perhaps cancer, and we haven't heard from him for a long time.

we are so glad you are enjoying your riding.