Old 01-01-22, 12:42 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1793 Post(s)
Liked 1,637 Times in 938 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Probably little to no chance someone here has either of those frames. Soooo, maybe a reset? Why carbon if you don't like the ride? I'm guessing you mostly ride solo and you aren't a mileage junkie. You won't notice a pound or so one way or the other. Maybe a custom steel or Ti with a paint job you really like? Could be a fun process.
To answer the question directly: Carbon rides just fine. I ride a handful everyday as they come off my workstand. It's the Cervelo I don't like. I think it's about a half size too big. I made do with a shorter stem & got along this far with it. It's just too stiff for me. It feels "wooden." I didn't know any better. Now that it needs repair, I feel I'm ready to move on.

FWIW: I already own 2 Rodriguez's. One is a Bandito done up CX style but with wider chain stay clearance to clear 700x42 tires. Rodriguez is calling it a Phinny Ridge with the ultralight steel option. Either way, the industry is calling such bikes "all-road," now.

It's a build in progress to keep me busy the last half of 2021, into Winter & will likely change/evolve as the supply chain straightens out.

The other is a Rohloff equipped gravel/touring/travel/camping bike. It runs 559x54 tires, is S&S equipped & designed to carry heavy AF loads across any continent on the planet. It's a bit porky & super stable.

What I don't have is a replacement dedicated high performance road bike frame to swap the Cervelo's parts over to.

---------------------------------------

<break>

---------------------------------------

I think I need to think on this. I had a rather esoteric post all typed up. I deleted most of it after I asked myself: "How much high performance road riding did I actually do in 2020/2021?" Maybe, it's possible that the Cervelo doesn't need to be replaced at all. <introspection>

Car dependency is a tax.
Likes For base2: