Old 06-19-17, 07:02 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by taras0000
That's pretty cool stuff. I can see this being useful to a coach, or someone with some kinesiology background. It used to be that we did bike fitting by looking to align certain points of the anatomy with our contact points of the bike. I believe that kinematics will be the new way we end up fitting people. We already have equipment that can test someone's output as they move through the motion of a squat. Dialing someone's seat height to maximize the amount of time spent in the range of greatest output is something that I've always thought would be a good way to deal with bike fit. This may help in developing tools like that.
Yeah, I agree. I'd like to learn more about the subject for sure.

I'm not sure how I feel about the super high-tech ($$$$) bike fitting machines that are out there now. I don't know if they are fluff or not. The bike industry is good creating stuff like that because people will pay for it. That's the same crowd that buys $10,000 - $15,000 tri bikes every year or two.

I wonder how they would compare to a Serotta fit bike with a power meter attached to it:

I mean, that's essentially with a modern spin bike can do:

With the fit bike and spin bike suggestions, I'd figure out a way to use adjustable cranks as crank length is very important.