View Single Post
Old 05-01-21, 10:14 AM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2671 Post(s)
Liked 1,151 Times in 872 Posts
Originally Posted by Moe Zhoost
Our world is full of laws and regulations that attempt to control behaviour through some seemingly unrelated artifice. This is usually intentional to give the authorities leverage when they feel that it should be applied. I won't say that such strategies are horrible; I think they can be applied in an effective and fair manner. However there are many times when they are used too frequently and for the wrong reasons.

We have what we have. Remember that the folks who brought you such laws were voted into office by a majority of your neighbours.
Originally Posted by wphamilton
There is no legitimate theory of jurisprudence to support this idea, that you have laws to control behaviors unrelated to the law. Any "authority" who makes a habit of applying "leverage" as "they feel" when the behavior is outside of the legal framework is engaging in textbook abuse of office. He needs to be stripped of office and, in egregious cases, prosecuted for abuse of power.

And to the poster who opines that I made it up, here is an explicit example of someone who thinks repressive ordinances are fine as a pretext to give someone a comeuppance when the law doesn't or isn't applied.

... the NJ police were engaged in an OPERANT CONDITIONING exercise intended to prepare these "kids" for the real world of DWB and the various other ticky tack detainments that awaits them... showem who owns the streets now so they will have no excuses when they move up to dirt bikes and 4 wheelers.