Old 08-26-21, 05:52 AM
mrv 
buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 426 Times in 248 Posts
Three fuel canisters? Is this a month long trek you're getting ready for?
Not sure how many days your packing for, but if I were looking at all this I think I would get rid of:
1. the whole roll of duck tape (duct tape? .... you say 'potato', I say 'potatoe') (maybe the partial roll of the other black tape. what i do is wrap 5 ~ 10 layers gorrilla tape around part of my handle bars. if I need tape, I take some of that. i've not needed tape....)
2. the silver thingy next to the tooth brush - I don't know what it is, so get rid of it.
3. pink stripey towel. I wouldn't take two towels, but I do take a clean bandana for everyday (if I'm going 4 or 5 days).
4. what's in the TMC sleeve? does it have allen keys on it? If so, get rid of the set of allen keys, or just take the 4mm / 5mm / 6mm keys
5. what's the black handle t-thing? i'd get rid of it, I don't know what it is.
6. Blue-white-black shorts: you need all those shorts? You have some other sporty-looking shorts or pants to the left of those. seems like a lot of shorts / pants to me. The only pants I take are my rain pants. Then I'll have the shorts I'm wearing plus one or two pair of shorts packed to keep dry. For a week long trek, I'll take boxer-briefs where I'll sleep in a clean pair, then it gets worn for cycling the next day. Then at sleep time it goes in a dirty cloths back which mostly has dirty socks, dirty boxers, dirty bandana in it. For a longer trip I'd wear my briefs for more than one day.
7. For 5 days or so, I only get about half way through a large fuel canister. That's about 2 cups boiled for dinner and 2 cups boiled for breakfast. Maybe a little more.
8. Yea.... smaller tent if you can afford and tolerate it. With a laptop, it might not be tolerable.

your free comments from the internets!
cheers.
Likes For mrv: