Old 10-15-21, 10:10 PM
cpach

Bikes: Too many. Giant Trance X 29, Surly Midnight Special get the most time.

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 312 Times in 236 Posts
Given the era of your wheels, they are probably have a Shimano 10 speed freehub body. If you want to go to Shimano/Sram 11 speed road, you'll need to source a replacement freehub body which may be difficult to source--I'd try both Easton direct and eBay. The exception is if you want to switch to a 11 speed 11-34 cassette, which will fit on a 10 speed freehub body. The same essentially is true for Campagnolo 10-13 speed--you'll need a Campagnolo freehub body.

Shimano/Sram/Campagnolo are all different cable pull standards and any mixing of shifters and derailleurs will need something like a shiftmate.

If you're really wanting replacements in good used condition there are some on eBay. I'm kinda tempted to sell you mine, but parts are difficult to source right now and I don't need more projects.

Brakes will technically work with anything, but Shimano 10+ speed brake levers pull more cable than Sram or Campagnolo and so you get arguably excessive mechanical advantage if you use Sram/Campy levers with Shimano brakes, and will also have to run your pads with less clearance. This might feel acceptable, but be warned this is out of spec.