Old 11-18-21, 01:20 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,289 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
As a driver, I find that flashing lights can cause more trouble than they help if they're not done right. Rear red gets to be a problem if you have lights flashing at a high rate--it interferes with the ability to determine where you are and where you're going, especially if it's coupled with another flashing light.

One solid red and a relatively slow blink rate on another seems to work pretty well. Fast strobing makes no sense to me whatsoever either on front or back. I don't believe it really is significantly more effective at
drawing attention, and it just adds an element of confusion. Confused drivers make big mistakes.
I agree. I have one large red light on my rack, it is a German light, and they don't allow a flashing light, so it is always on. I have a Superflash mounted under the seat, and during the day I will set it to flash, but not at night. At night it is set to be always on. Much less annoying to drivers, and much less apt for them to fixate on and inadvertently run into me.
Likes For phughes: