Old 11-23-21, 10:40 AM
tyrion

Bikes: Velo Orange Piolet

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked 2,011 Times in 972 Posts
Originally Posted by utoner34
I am looking for me next touring bike. What are your opinion on this bike? Good / bad points? Personally I am thinking of changing HYRD brakes calipers with sypre since I dont need hydraulic.

https://www.breezerbikes.com/bikes/a...r/radar-expert

Recently I realized I am not the biggest most fan of touring bikes geometry. I wish I could find a streel bike with geometry similar to gravel bikes. I spent this summer riding a gravel bike (Nuroad Pro) for along time and with a lot of luggage (not for a cross continent but still a lot) and I never had any issues with handling or comfort. What I dont like with most touring bikes it their too relaxed riding position, which is supposed to make them more comfortable (makes sense on long journeys) but the compromise is that they fell very slow and I dont like climbing with them. If I want more comfortable bike I would just add more upright stem while still retaining more "racy" geometry.

What are jour thoughts?
Breezer Radar is more flexible than a "real" touring bike so it wobbles a bit if loaded up with 40+ lbs. The Hy/Rd brakes are great - that's the last thing I'd replace. Geometry is more or less typical gravel but with long chainstays.