View Single Post
Old 12-04-21, 08:24 PM
AJW2W11E

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 50 Posts
Tire pressure vs Speed Question

I've been riding for two years. I have a Giant Toughroad, which is not a fast bike. I am not that fast either.
My tire pressure was getting low and today I put some air in. Before, you could squeeze them and they were hard as maybe a beachball, 60 psi, but today I had them slightly less than rock hard, maybe 80 psi.
When I went out, it was raining like hell and windy and cold and starting to freeze . My feet were soaked then feeling funny and I got concerned so I jacked up my speedto get home fast.
With the higher pressure, I noticed I was moving pretty briskly and then I noticed was able to use the big ring and smallest cog the whole 30 miles and cut 20 minutes of my time.
That being said, what 32 to 35 mm inner tube can be pumped up to 100 psi like a road bike?
Next, at what psi does this effect wear off. I'm guessing 120 is the limit? Because after that, rock hard is rock hard?
Sure had some fun today...or was it my imagination? BTW my lower legs and feet were purple and my hands were too.

Last edited by AJW2W11E; 12-04-21 at 08:27 PM.