View Single Post
Old 12-29-21, 04:25 PM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by gauvins
andrewclaus yes, I see... Hmmm... how would you deal with the Narita -> Tokyo train station cue sheet? I certainly would get lost. (I've attached the txt file -- this forum doesn't allow non-ascii characters...)
There are situations where a cue sheet may be the best tool; like your Japan experience, riding between the airport and the train station. Using a cue sheet is not an either or decision. Use one when you need it, and use other methods where the route is more straight forward.

We were riding from Charles de Gaulle Airport into Paris with our two daughters, and I had a very detailed map of the route we would take. We didn't get very far when we stopped at a confusing intersection, and looked at the map. A French bicycle commuter stopped, and asked if he could help. He looked at our map, and said, "follow me". He led us through a very complex part of the suburbs, and left us on a path along a canal leading right into Paris. Sometimes you don't need a map or cue sheet. This has happened to us numerous times, and has always been appreciated, and warranted one of our "Angel of the Road" cards.

Last edited by Doug64; 12-30-21 at 12:07 AM.