View Single Post
Old 01-20-22, 02:58 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
The only controversy is that FS as it is nowadays costs up to 5x as much as rigid or HT and adds a level of complexity that needs to be maintained. If you are cool with accepting those parameters (cost/maintenance) then you can get FS with lockouts and have the best of both worlds. However, not everyone wants to go all in for something that is grossly "overbiked" for their particular needs.
Not a controversy but this. I had my wife get a DS for her MTB since she doesn't ride as much and the bike can compensate some for less ability, and it does well with that and she's ridden places she otherwise wouldn't go though she has now expressed an desire for a hardtail. But there's no doubt the bike is chunky which is part of her problem, she can't put it on the roof rack. Hers at 2000.00 vs mine at 2000.00, mine weights 7lbs less, and was much better equipped in regards to wheels, brakes and shocks; both were deore equipped but actual deore crank vs cheesy fsa crank. To get similar equipment from the same company and be dual suspension would have been another 800.00.

Last edited by Russ Roth; 01-20-22 at 03:02 PM.
Likes For Russ Roth: