Old 01-22-22, 10:09 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Just get out and ride more.

It sounds like you are trying to go from zero to hero by intellectualizing everything and skipping the initiation phase. Similar to your "where should the eyes go" thread. Just ride slower at first and build experience and you will naturally adjust to most things. If you start off trying to bomb tracks like someone who has been doing it for years well... study up!

Go slow and don't over ride your capabilities. Take small obstacles and work through them. When you get hung up on something watch a specific video for that problem. Move on. Don't anticipate everything because you're trying to be somewhere you are not. People who do that tend to blaze like the sun, have a big crash, and then cash out because they got in over their heads too quickly.

IDK about you, but I can do a lot of things on a road bike. I can ride with no hands, retrieve and replace bottles from cages without looking, bunny hop curbs, do track stands etc... however that all took time in the saddle to become intuitive. I didn't binge watch 8mm films on a home projector as a short cut (it was a long time ago).
Likes For Happy Feet: