t_constantine@h
Tomoog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Giant TCR seized seat post wedge

Hi,

I have a 2019 Giant TCR which which has the seteatpost stuck in place, and I just can't seem to shift it - help!! It's a carbon d-section post and carbon frame. It's not been moved in about 2yrs, hence probably why I'm having troubles now... I've tried:
  1. undoing the wedge bolt a few turns and tapping (then hitting quite hard) with a mallet to try and dislodge the lower section of wedge. It won't budge.
  2. Twisting and rocking the seat post with the saddle to try and release where it's seized.
  3. Poured hot water over the area to see it temperature expansion/contraction helps
  4. Loads of gt85 and plusgas
  5. Whacking the u/s of the saddle clamp to hit the seat post upwards and out. This has shifted it about 5mm, but I'm having to hit it pretty hard and I don't want to do that much more. The movement that has occurred hasn't released the clamp.
  6. Hooking a spoke into the top half of the wedge to try and pull that bit out
Any more ideas?? The fact the post has shifted slightly makes me feel hopeful that it's not seized into the frame along it's whole length, so it seems the stuck-tight wedge is the problem. Drilling it out seems extreme but I'm not finding many other alternatives...