View Single Post
Old 05-05-21, 01:58 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11035 Post(s)
Liked 7,584 Times in 4,229 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa

Near mint and little used Cyclops - $1500 CND (six times+ what I paid for the Marinoni)...

Masi, helmet and shoes was listed for $400 CND and then $500 CND the next day...

Tomasso in great shape, again little used - $500 CND...
I dont know what is happening with that Cyclops, is the picture from a fisheye lens?...the bars are comically large. Yeah, that asking price seems high. Its an asking price though and not a sold price.

As for the other 2 bikes...

$400USD for the Masi doesnt seem so outrageous that its worth complaining on a forum. Those look like old 8sp Sora shifters so the bike is entry level and 10 years old or so, but if there isnt much better for less, then its not an egregious price. $400 for something modern thats entry? Sure.

And $400USD for an 853 steel frame, carbon fork, and at least 9sp shifting? Even with the mismatched wheels- if there isnt much better for less than is this really so egregious that its worth posting about?

The Cyclops is really the only one that seems goofy expensive. I wouldnt want to buy the other two at the listed prices, but that doesnt mean they are bad options for others.
Likes For mstateglfr: