Old 04-06-22, 11:16 PM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 2,580 Times in 1,080 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Mule
I didn't know that a Tripizer could be had for the star shaped Stronglights.
Triplizer by BF's own jonwvara. Properly designed and well made. Check it out (and buy it) here: https://www.redclovercomponents.com/..._42_Teeth.html

Or if you're handy and have some time to waste, you can make your own from a Stronglight 99 chainring, as I did here:

There are downsides, like needing hard-to-find 86 mm BCD granny rings, versus common 74 mm rings like Jon's uses. Mine only goes down to 28t, where Jon's can take a 24t. Mine takes a couple hours of your time, versus Jon's that's just a few clicks and a Visa card away..

Seriously, just buy Jon's. But if you're in love with the idea of an all-vintage-Stronglight solution that could have been pieced together in 1972, then maybe have a look at my Flickr here where I give more info, including which counterbore tool to buy. PM me with any questions not covered there, but honestly if you have to ask, you may not be up for it. You need as a minimum a good bench vise, hacksaw, drill press, files, just the right type of Stronglight 99 ring (or 99 bis, as in the photo), and a very specific counterbore that almost no one has. Lots of sawing, filing counterboring and polishing to make it look like this.

Mark B
Likes For bulgie: