Old 05-21-21, 07:42 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Short lower duration ride last night with some intensity to keep the cannon primed for tomorrow.

Why is it that some people see a rider coming and just cannot resist dialing up the silly? When I'm out riding if someone starts to go by, I keep doing my thing. Let them go. I may even take a turn to add a few seconds to my route to give them space. I have a plan for a workout or enjoyment ride of one kind or another that doesn't revolve around messing with other people.

I leave the 'hood to head down the hill to one loop I do to do a few efforts and I start catching up to a guy. I see the light is going to be red ahead so ease up and let him have his space. He rolls the light ahead of me without so much as slowing up. There's a set of trees at this light and a fence by one house so you can't reasonably know the coast is clear. I give it the "cyclist stop" then go on. I catch him again heading up the tiny roller and as I do dude immediately starts to try to catch up. Eff that noise man. I went ahead and dropped him and cruised on to my loop. No other way to get to the loop and I wasn't about to play games for the next mile.

I just don't get that. If you KNOW the person, like personally or ride with them a lot, sure. Say hi, fart around a few minutes. But total strangers? C'mon man. Fredsville stuff. Plus, I'm on a TT bike. I don't want you near me.

It isn't totally immune from other sports. I've been on runs where I'm cruising what is a tougher pace for me personally and pass a "runner stud" that is likely on a recovery run. They cannot resist dialing it up as you go by and toasting you like some cheap bread. I just let them go on with their bad self.
Likes For burnthesheep: