Old 10-27-18, 10:50 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1042 Post(s)
Liked 933 Times in 542 Posts
Originally Posted by raria
But do you have any legal right to do so? We all would hope in lbs would fix things but if they don't what are your options?
Small claims court. I would think the logic and argument that I had purchased a "new" product and that the LBS (where I purchased it) acknowledged it was a problem and was unable to correct the problem would pretty much be a slam dunk in small claims court.

Don't get me wrong. I am not a vindictive individual. I would give both the LBS and manufacturer more than enough time and consideration to resolve the problem. If they were unable to correct the problem I would then take action, never before. A "hole card" for me is that I am retired, and, taking the time to file the claim and show up in court is really no problem for me. One the other hand the defendant will need to take time off from work and answer the court in person. With that being a possibility, many business will capitulate before any proceedings begin.

I would also like to point out again, that the above would be a "last resort". In my lifetime I have been a small business owner several times and understand the burden and toll a court proceeding can inflict on a small business. I would not want to, and/or hope to, subject anyone or business to this unless I felt there was no other way to resolve my problem.