Old 06-18-21, 08:21 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
I've been building back some volume. Weeknight worlds last night. Went great for the team, still learning and trying stuff.

We worked well enough that nobody was going to succeed against us except for any of the cough cough Cat 1/2 talent. We're cannon fodder for one or two of those dudes.

I put in an early uphill dig to see who came, but wasn't paying attention and the uphill group speed was too high. So too many people were coming so abandoned that. This meant when the 1/2 guy went about 2 miles later, I couldn't pull through but twice for him when I went with him. If I hadn't dug earlier I probably could have rotated with him to finish.

Pretty tranquilo from there till the last attack where he got away. I'm still not great knowing "who's who" so mis-identified the jersey he had on as another rider. So, was thinking "let's let this sucker bake in the sun for a few miles". Much to my chagrin, the group expressed to me with only a mile to go "dude, you have to reel him in". Too late. Didn't work as a group enough before that to reel him in. We could have easily.

I was first loser in the bunch sprint second to the 1/2 guy who got away.

Was fun, great teachers around me. Always learning from those guys who've done that ride for years and years.
Likes For burnthesheep: