View Single Post
Old 07-22-21, 01:24 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,483 Times in 4,185 Posts
I bought a small handlebar bag

I have firmly been in the 'no handlebar bag' camp, even though they look neat on some bikes. A couple years ago i was also firmly in the 'no fanny pack' camp. This is mostly based on a totally irrational roadie perspective.
But I broke down and bought a 1.5l handlebar bag, ironcally enough, for RAGBRAI which is road riding.

I dont like large wedge bags that swing and sway, so that isnt an option for storage. And one of my jersey pockets always holds a zip pouch with my phone, card and ID, plus $.
I do RAGBRAI with a bunch of teens so there is always need for something random and a bit more storage is helpful. Broke down and bought an REI bag since it was available right away.

- for how popular handlebar bags are, its crazy that they seem to all be boutique/online brands.
- I have had a moosetracks feed bag for a couple years now(no idea why thats been acceptable to me, yes a small handlebar bag isnt) and moving forward this will probably replace the feed bag on my gravel bike.

The REI bag has mixed reviews, but it seems like most who gave it negative reviews dont understand how to attach at bag with velcro. If its terrible though, maybe Ill try one from roadrunner / orucase / leadout / etc.
Its a whole new world!