Old 08-13-13, 02:29 AM
boomwater

Bikes: colnago master xlite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
problems with derailleur

Have had a problem with the derailleur. Intermittent clunk and chain skip when riding. I had a problem with chain suck about four months ago and the rear derailleur jockey cage got bent so had to get a new one. This stopped the "suck" but ever since I have a intermittent clunk from the gears when riding on large and small front rings and in pretty much all the rear cassette gears. The chain skips and gives a almighty clang and then is fine for a bit then does it again. I have a brand new chain and the cassette has only about 700k on it. I know...should get new cassette with chain but didn't think the cassette was at all worn out and anyway it was happening on the old chain too.! Everything is ultegra and the chainset has about 1000k on it. I had the rear hanger checked for alignment and was fine. (colnago c40 frame). I am just running out of ideas on what could be causing this! Oh, The front big ring does show a bit of wear but nothing nasty and it happens in the big and little anyway so didn't think it was this. I suppose next thing is new cassette? or?

m