Old 10-12-22, 06:50 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Liked 3,407 Times in 1,779 Posts
Originally Posted by TennBent
You're not the only one. I purchased an RVR-315 during the sale earlier this year and it is paired with an Edge 830 that was also purchased at the same time. After turning it on and before starting a ride, it will operate normally while parked by the street. However, once I start pedaling, it will give me a series of false positives as I get rolling. At first, I thought it might be all the mailboxes or something but it's not and it does the same if I'm starting a ride in a more remote location. After the first 15-20 seconds or so, it goes back to normal.

When stopping to take a break, it will continue to operate normally and will pick up cars passing by or even fellow riders walking or riding behind the bike. Then, just like you, when I get back on the road, it gives me the false positives for several seconds before returning to normal operation.

I don't recall it exhibiting this behavior when I first purchased it but it definitely has been happening the last 2-3 months. Like you, I'm wondering if the auto-pause has anything do with it or maybe there was a glitch in a Garmin update.

I am not alone in the world after all!

It sounds like the identical problem.

I haven't had a chance to mess with auto-pause yet, but thanks for the reminder. I have the sensitivity turned up (lower MPH to trigger auto-pause) because I am so slow on 20% grades, and having it auto-pause while grinding up a hill is demoralizing. I think it might be simplest to just turn it off for purposes of this test.
Likes For Polaris OBark: