View Single Post
Old 12-02-22, 11:20 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2964 Post(s)
Liked 1,163 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Lombard
To be fair, age of the bikes mean nothing unless the bike is stored exposed to the elements. As KerryIrons says, how long is a piece of string? Mileage on each of these bikes would be a better indicator of what kind of maintenance needs to be done.

Conspiracy theory noted. cxwrench mostly sees bikes that rack up thousands of miles in a year. If you have bikes that only log 500 miles in a year, then every year would be excessive. If 2000 miles or more, cables once a year would be prudent. 5000 miles a year or more and you should probably replace housings as well as inspect under bar tape for handlebar corrosion. You don't want this to happen to you:
Bikes are always stored in a garage. Since I live an an area that has a winter season and snow on the ground ~November thru April each year...What bike I ride depends on the weather/season. ~April - October my hardtail, full suspension MTBs and road bikes are used. ~November - March is strictly fat bike. Between all of them I average about 4000/miles a year biking.