View Single Post
Old 01-07-23, 07:24 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 1,181 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Just FYI those fake branded frames are not from a third shift or something like that, they are fakes and knockoffs entirely. If you want a Pinarello, get a Pinarello, don't buy a fake one and even worse don't have decals and badging calling it a Pinarello. If you need a generic bike get a generic bike but fake badging to give it fake prestige is silly.

Habanero cycles I believe are from China but the owner, Mark actually has a relationship with one of the factories doing Titanium so it is less of a generic thing and more of a here is what I want and they build it and he inspects them when they come back over and supports them should you have an issue.
Not completely accurate. Many are frames from a manufacturer that builds frames is all. Nothing fake about them and many are not branded as anything other than what the manufacturer sells it as. Some do not purport to be a Trek or Giant or Pinarello, they are simply frames available to the public. Mine is a knockoff of no other bike, its simply a frame that Flyxii makes. My 7,000 miles shows there's nothing wrong with it and thats generally the experience of most folks who buy these frames. Can you find some branded as a Trek ?, or whatever, I guess. I've never actually seen a website that sells obvious fakes, though I assume they exist.

Last edited by Steve B.; 01-07-23 at 07:31 PM.