Old 01-11-23, 05:00 AM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x9,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 162 Posts
2x or 1x is a matter of reference I have 3 wheelset for my gravel which is mostly a mullet but the thing I don't like is being slow on tarmac.

1 wheelset is 700c with panaracer gravelking slicks (35-622), which are decently fast but not as good as a road tyre like conti gator skin, GP etc.
1 wheelset is 650b with Vittoria Barzo (52-584), XC tyres great of off road and not too slow on tarmac.
1 wheelset is 650b with Conti Race king (50-584), Dry XC tyres which are as good (if not better) off road as most of gravel tyres but they are much faster on tarmac than te gravel king. And when spending some geeky time on Bicycle Rolling Resistance, it makes sense as the RR of Race king is low 20s when the gravel king is in the mid 20s.

Dry XC tyres may have low RR which will make them comfortable and fast so OP might want to spend so time on that website to select several low roll resistance tyre they like the look of.

I recently done the same exercise on a 20" and found that swapping from Kojak to Contact Urban would save me ~10W per tyres and that was very noticeable positive change.
Likes For Fentuz: