View Single Post
Old 12-12-20, 09:25 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Actually, the LADDA batteries are BETTER than the Eneloops according to testing I've seen and the LADDA are extremely inexpensive to buy, they are also made in Japan, not China which accounts for why they are the best rechargeable battery you can buy, Chinese rechargeable bats are the worst you can buy.

In my own personal experience, the Eneloops do not hold a shelf charge as long as the Ladda, and they discharge a bit faster when using. I've also had a couple of my 8 Eneloops go bad, they will not take a charge after just 4 years, I have not had that issue with the LADDA yet, and I have 12 of those. I have a Phillips Saferide 80 light that uses 4 AA batteries, and the LADDA batteries last about 20 minutes longer than the Eneloops do. The reason I have some many rechargeable AA bats is mostly due to toys the grandkids use.

A 4 pack of AA Eneloop batteries with 2000 mah rating will cost you $13 on Amazon (not including a charger), while the LADDA with a 4 pack will cost you only $7 with a 2450 mah rating. Keep in mind that you can find higher mah rating batteries made in China, I had a set of Powerex 2700 mah batteries, their junk, they didn't hold a charge even as long as the Eneloops that have 700 less mah's, and after 2 years they wouldn't take a charge anymore. I found out later in a test I saw that none of the Chinese made batteries perform even close to those made in Japan, so make sure you buy only made in Japan batteries. Another odd thing, even standard alkaline batteries made in China don't hold up as long and will leak over time vs those made in Japan or the US, how do I know about the leaking? I've bought both Energizer and Duracell batteries from Walmart, little did I know they were made in China while others of the exact same brand and model are made in the USA, those Chinese ones all leaked and either ruined the device they were in or I had to clean the crud off the contacts, so you have to look at the battery to see where it was made especially if you will be putting in a device where you'll need it for a long period of time, if you know you will be using the battery fast then it won't really matter.