Old 01-11-22, 02:34 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Good to know about Ridewithgps wackiness. Thanks. I guess I won't rely on that anymore and will bother the RBA asking if there is any gravel. It is just too dangerous on a narrow tired recumbent. It really does not take a lot to break a bunch of bones, I just got some extra hardware taken out in a surgery yesterday from a deposit on September 8th. So, I lost half a pound the easy way. LOL

I think a 1000 or 1200k would only appeal to a small group of randonneurs. I came across the 703K Sea to Saguaro defunct permanent when planning a Southern Tier deviation. It looked nice and thought what a nice way to start the tour, with a perm. Then, I looked at going down rt 85 to Why, Az and then to route 86 to south of Tucson. Not the greatest shoulders but extremely low traffic volume and some CrazyGuyonbike tourists gave it high marks if you can cover the vast distances to services (not a problem for a rando). I am not the best at planning routes, I try to zoom in from google earth to see the road and then look at heat maps and if necessary see if any rusa routes go there or if anyone from crazyguy road it. (Covid nixed my tour.) Things like places to eat or sleep, I never plan ahead more than one day.